Saturday, September 27, 2003

Today's Word: Ascribe


He took her by the shoulders and pushed her away, gently, but with firm pressure.
"What is it?" asked Pam, a look of honest worry drawing down the corners of her eyes and mouth.
"We haven't been intimate in three and a half months, and you come in kissing me like that? What the hell does that mean?"
"What, you're keeping score now?"
He dropped his hands to his sides and stared at her. "Men do that."
"Do men also ascribe intimacy to love, Darryl? Is that all that means anything to them?"
"No, Pam, that isn't all, but a marriage can't be devoid of it. And believe it or not, some women like sex. Some couples do it more than once a month."
"I have other things on my mind."
"Everything but us."
She smirked and said, "I'm the woman, I'm supposed to be saying these things."
"You're right, you should."


No comments: